The steps below will take you through how to create a supplier invoice within the Accounts Payable module. Please note that in most cases, this is an action that should be carried out at entity level.
- Go to Accounts Payable > AP Purchase Invoices > Click Add in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Go through and input the various required fields. Notice that you can input a transaction date, as well as a different GL posting date. You should also see that when you select a supplier, that the pay to and return to fields are automatically populated based on the Supplier Contact.
- When selecting a due date, you can either input it manually, or you can select a predefined payment term, which will calculate the due date.
- Another useful feature when inputting a supplier invoice is the ability to include an attachment.
- If the transaction has features of tax that need to be recorded, tick the box “Transaction has tax implications” and then select the necessary tax solution.
- You should find that the transaction currency is automatically populated based on the settings of the entity that you are in.
- You can then go ahead and fill in the Entries table with the relevant information. This is where you can include dimensional data, which can enable a greater level of analysis.